Sunday, October 15, 2017

The BEST Vegan Egg Yolk



After a long few months of health problems, I am finally on the mend and ready for a new line of recipes to share with you.

I was reminiscing about how Andy and I used to enjoy our Sunday sleep-in and big breakfast many years ago, We would love our runny fried eggs on toast, we would even have it for a dinner here and there if we were feeling lazy. It got me thinking of what an egg yolks consistency is like and the flavor also and remembering my childhood and having Lecithin sprinkled over my cereals and loving it so much I'd eat it with a spoon.

I was thinking I wonder if I could make some sort of egg yolk using it, it has that fatty texture reminiscent of egg yolk, maybe by adding a few subtle flavors to make it as close to an egg yolk flavor as I can it could work out just right...and, it did!

I know there's products out there on the market selling power you mix with water but I can assure you this tastes great and has a scary similar texture to the real thing and it isn't always accessible to everyone and the price can be hairy when you don't get a lot of your money.

I hope this recipe is enjoyed by you and your family.




*Recipe makes enough yolk for 4 people or alternatively used as egg dip for french toast or as a crumb binder


Ingredients 
3 Tbsp Lecithin Granules
1 Cup Hot Water
3 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast (or to taste)
1/4 tsp Onion Powder
Sprinkle of Tumeric
Sprinkle of Salt and White Pepper (to taste)
Pinch of Black Salt (optional but recommended)
  1. Add all the ingredients and half the water to any blender and blend till emulsified, drizzling the water in to get the desired consistency (adjust where necessary)
  2. Great for toast soldiers! though I haven't tried it...it might be good for french toast, it's also great for breading or as a binder.  Enjoy! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment