Sunday, August 16, 2015

Crispy Vegan Cauliflower Wings

                                                                                
After a few failed attempts...I give you.. Crispy Cauliflower Wings! These are yummy and hard to stop eating, I look forward to spring and planting more cauliflowers to make more of this.

Ingredients
1 head of Cauliflower flourettes
1 cup Flour or Chick pea flour
1/2 tsp Bi carb Soda
1-2 Tbsp vegetable stock powder
2 tsp Garlic powder
2 tsp Onion powder
pepper
4-5 pieces of fresh bread in to crumbs
water to make it a runny batter

Instructions
Pre-heat oven to 180C, In a bowl mix all ingredients except for the cauliflower to form a runny batter, Not too thin needs to stick, Coat each piece of cauliflower in the batter and then in to the bread crumbs pop them on to a tray and give them a light spray with oil or keep the fat free and put them in to the oven turning every 10-15mins, Serve as a side or as the main star!  Enjoy! =) 

2 comments:

  1. Sitting here stuffing my face! Yu-uu-uu-umy! Thought you might like to know that it works really well with parsnip too! Peeled, cut out the hard core and cut into bite-sized pieces. Oh and I used Panko crumbs because I didn't have any bread in the house. I'll be making this regularly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sounds great also Von, I'm glad you like them :)

      Delete