Saturday, September 5, 2015

Falafels

                                                                                   

I tried Falafels years ago and have to admit I didn't like them really, I tried them again since going vegan, and I absolutely love them and could happily eat them every meal.
So I made my own and now I am even more in love.

Makes approx 17-20 falafels

Ingredients
375gm Packet of Dried Chick Peas (soaked overnight)
1 large Onion chop roughly
2-3 cloves Garlic
1 Bunch Parsley
1/2 Bunch Coriander
2-3 tsp Coriander Powder
2-3 tsp Paprika
2 tsp Clove Powder
2-3 tsp Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp Bi Carb of Soda
1 Tbsp Flax Meal and 2 Tbsp Water mix (if you need binder)
Salt to taste


Instructions
In a food processor add the Chick peas, Onion, Garlic, Parsley, Coriander and Salt...Pulse till it becomes fine but not a mushy consistency.
Add all the spices and Bi carb and Flax now if you need it, mix well to combine taste for more spice or salt, Form balls or any shape you like and in a fry pan add a decent amount of oil over medium heat fry each side till dark golden brown color. Serve as finger food, In wraps, on sandwiches the sky's the limit. Enjoy!  =)

                                                                          
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment