Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Slow Cooker Vegan Strawberry Rice Pudding

Winter is approaching here in Australia, Time for some comfort food. I love rice pudding, had it a lot as a child and I even loved the canned stuff , I started making my own in a crock pot and It's the only way I do it now.

Ingredients
1+1/2 Cups of Rice  (I used Jasmin, but for creamier rice use basmati)
1/2 Cup Brown sugar  (adjust to taste)
2 Cans Coconut Milk
4 Cup Soy Milk or Almond (any non dairy milk, creamier the better)
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 Cup frozen Strawberries or fresh Chopped

Instructions
In a slow cooker on high for 5hrs, add all ingredients except Strawberries, Leave to cook approx 1hr and stir leave again another hour and stir again, After 3hrs add Strawberries and stir every 15-20mins as the rice starts to thicken add a splash more milk (it shouldn't be too runny) also if you like cinnamon add 1/2 tsp here, Cover and turn down to low for 30mins till fully puffed up and cooked. {These times are how long it took my slow cooker....times may vary}  Enjoy!   =)

No comments:

Post a Comment